This is a large collection of classic zines from the 1970s and early 1980s. It includes such titles as The Green Dome (The Prisoner), Locus, Menagerie, Spockanalia, Future Wings, The Goddess Uhura, and the Kraith Collected Volumes 1-6. Other notable items include Sing A Song of Trekkin (A Fun-Filled Folio of 20 Trekker “Filk” Songs), and several years’ worth of annuals from the J.D.I.F.C. (James Doohan International Fan Club), as well as souvenir programs from I-Con, Arisia, MiniTrekCon, Creation Con ’79, and New York Star Trek ’76.
Susan Hill’s collection encompasses a number of British-made Blake’s 7 zines and letterzines, as well as a few from other fandoms and some multimedia zines from the 1990s. The collection also features programs and other con materials from MediaWest and InConJunction, as well as a copy of “The Professional’s Drinking Game.”
A collection of hundreds of zines from the late 1970s to the early 1990s, featuring fandoms such as Blake’s 7, Sherlock Holmes, Doctor Who, Star Wars, Star Trek, Max Headroom, and Forever Knight.
The general OTW collection includes a wide variety of analog fanworks. Materials in this collection have been donated by numerous fans, some of whom wish to remain anonymous.
- UMF: The ‘Zine for the Creative Duranie was a zine dedicated to Duran Duran fanfiction. It ran for ten issues, from 1993 – 1998. We currently hold issues 3, 5, and 6.
- Collection of mostly Kung Fu: The Legend Continues and Quantum Leap zines, as well as miscellaneous MacGyver, Rat Patrol, and zines about various TV westerns.
- Collection of multifandom (e.g. Storm Signs, Wounded Heroes), Quantum Leap (incl. various issues of The Angel and the Dreamer, Quantum Instability, and others), Sentinel, and Due South zines.
- Collection of zines in a number of fandoms including: Alias Smith & Jones, Blake’s 7, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Highlander, The Sentinel, and multimedia.
- Collection of zines in a number of fandoms including The Real Ghostbusters and The Man From U.N.C.L.E., as well as several multimedia anthologies.
- Collection of Simon and Simon letterzines and fiction zines in various fandoms; these zines originally came from the collection of Alison Wilson, who was involved in many fandoms until her death in the late 1990s. An avid fan and fanfiction writer, she was cited in Textual Poachers by Henry Jenkins.
- Collection of The X-Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and Blake’s 7 zines donated by Joanna Lowenstein in memory of Beth Kiedrowicz, media fan and regular attendee of WisCon. These zines originally come from Beth’s collection.
The Fanzine Archive Collection contains thousands of fanzines focused on Star Wars that were originally collected by Lucasfilm Ltd., producer of the Star Wars series. This collection was offered back to fans in the 1990s, and a California fan named Mariellen Wathne accepted it and began a lending library to distribute zines among fans. In addition to Star Wars fanzines, there are also many fanzines related to Star Trek, including some of the most important early pieces. (A fund in memory of Ming Wathne has been created at Iowa to support this collection. See this post for more details.)