When your work is imported onto the AO3, several things will happen:
- We’ll send an email to the email address registered on the imported archive, notifying you of the move.
- If you already have an account on the Archive of Our Own under that same email address, your stories will be synched to your account automatically. (Any stories already imported by you using the URL Importer feature in AO3, will not be imported again.)
- If you already have an account, but under a different email address, you can still claim your stories using the claim links in the notification email.
- If you don’t have an account on AO3 under that email address, you will be invited to create one, and then claim your imported works and associate them with that account.
- Your imported works will be restricted to logged-in Archive users by default until you claim them and choose whether you want them to be publicly-visible. In some cases (especially those where the original archive was open to the public, and the archivist requests this) the works will default to being publicly-visible after three months whether claimed or not.