If an archive being imported by the Open Doors Project contains works you’ve already posted to Archive of Our Own (AO3), you can add those works to the importing archive’s collection.
Please note that if your works have already been imported to the AO3 via an automated archive import and you would like to find out how to claim them, you should refer to Claiming Works After an Automated Open Doors Import.
If you would only like to add a single work to a collection, please refer to How do I add a work to a collection?
If you have multiple works to add to a collection, you can do so by following these steps:
- When you’re logged in, select “My Works” from the “Hi, [username]!” menu at the top of the page. If you’re on your Dashboard, you can also choose “Works” in the navigation sidebar (found at the top of the page when you’re using a mobile device).
- Select the “Edit Works” button towards the top right of the page on desktop (or below the My Works heading on mobile) to access the Edit Multiple Works page.
Figure 1: The Edit Works button in the My Works page.
- Check the boxes next to all the works you want to add to a given collection. Note that your works will be divided by fandom.
Figure 2: Selecting multiple works for editing.
- After checking the boxes next to all the works you want to add to a collection, select the “Edit” button towards the top right of the page on both desktop and on a mobile device.
- Go to the Add To Collections option. Start entering the collection name, and it should appear as an option to select in the autocomplete. The name will most likely be the same as the name of the archive from which your works were imported, e.g. Turkfanfiction. Select the collection you want to add your works to from the autocomplete list. Don’t change anything else on this page unless you’re really sure you want to, as it will change information for all the works you checked. If you aren’t sure about the collection’s name, please check our Special Collections Gallery for more information or contact Open Doors.
Figure 3: Example of the Add to Collections autocomplete in the Edit Multiple Works page.
- After selecting the collection you want to add your works to, go to the bottom of the page and select the “Update All Works” button on the right-hand side to save your changes.
For more information on how to edit multiple works, please refer to How do I edit multiple works at the same time?
Where can I get more information if my question isn’t answered here?
Some commonly asked questions about Open Doors are answered in the Open Doors FAQ. You might also want to refer to our Open Doors Tutorials. You can find the answers to some commonly asked questions about the Archive of Our Own in the Archive FAQ, and some common terminology is defined in the Glossary. Questions and answers about the Archive’s Terms of Service can be found in the Terms of Service FAQ. You may also like to check out the Archive’s Known Issues. If you need more help, please contact Open Doors or submit a Support request.